For The Koftas
650 g minced lamb shoulder
1 onion, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 egg, lightly beaten
1½ tsp ground cumin
1½ tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground allspice
¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
For The Cacik
½ cup goat’s-milk yoghurt
1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled & grated
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp mint, chopped
- Get the fire cranking on your P&P grill. See my tips for how to get your charcoal hot fast here.
- Next get the cacik happening - mix all ingredients together with 2 tbsp water and 1/2 tsp in a bowl and set aside.
- Now to get cracking on the koftas. Mix the lamb mince, onion, garlic, egg, spices and parsley with a good healthy pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each one into a sausage-like shape.
- Drop them onto the grill and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through, turning every so often.
- Get yourself some bread rolls from the local bakery, add salad, add a kofta and top with the cacik.